FALL 2018 LEGAL INTERNSHIPS AT LEGAL MOMENTUM
About Legal Momentum
Legal Momentum was founded as the NOW Legal Defense and Education Fund in 1970. We are the nation’s oldest civil rights organization dedicated to advancing the rights of women and girls. Our targeted litigation, innovative policy advocacy, and education in five areas—workplace equality and economic empowerment; violence against women; fairness in the courts; equality in education; and human trafficking—secure equality and opportunity for women and girls.
Legal Momentum is seeking a law student intern during the Fall 2018 semester.
Legal Momentum interns:
- Conduct research;
- Draft legal memoranda and briefs;
- Prepare Congressional testimony;
- Draft model legislation;
- Interview clients;
- Screen potential cases for Legal Momentum; and
- Draft informational pamphlets on legal topics.
Legal internship positions are unpaid. All intern applicants are encouraged to secure financial support from their school for summer internships. Students may also be enrolled in a course that awards academic credit for the internship.
Application deadline is August 31, 2018.
Early applications are strongly encouraged and preference is given to early applications. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
- Submit a cover letter, resume, transcript (unofficial is acceptable), a sample legal writing (3-5 pages), and the names of three (3) references (at least one from a current professor)
- Send application via e-mail to email@example.com
- Include an “Internship for Credit Eligibility Letter” or a “Guaranteed Funding for Public Service Internship/Work Study” if applicable.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Potential internship candidates will be interviewed either in person or by telephone.
Legal Momentum is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Updated July 25, 2018