June 23rd, 2022 is the 50th Anniversary of Title IX, the landmark legislation that prohibited sex discrimination in schools that receive public funding. In recognition of this monumental anniversary, the National Coalition for Women and Girls in Education (NCWGE) released Title IX at 50. As a member of NCWGE and co-author of this report, we are proud that it both celebrates the significant progress made in the last 50 years to end sex discrimination in schools while also highlighting the work that remains to be done.
Click here to read the Full Report, Executive Summary, and Introduction.
Title IX at 50 features nine issue briefs, each of which include a background section, overview of developments made since 1972, and recommendations for policy change.
- Sexual Harassment
- Discriminatory Discipline Based on Sex and Race
- LGBTQI+ Students
- Pregnant and Parenting Students
- Gender- and Race-Conscious Programs
- Sex-Segregated Education
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) & Career and Technical Education (CTE)
- Title IX Coordinators
- Equal Educational Opportunities