Does your organization have talented young leaders that would be interested in participating in this nine-week empowerment program?
Legal Momentum’s Rights Now! initiative embraces a new peer-to-peer model that engages directly with the City’s most under resourced girls and women. The program is dedicated to centering the expertise and leadership of young women of color.
Rights Now! pioneers a peer educator empowerment program that trains a cohort of young women of color to be Peer Educators. Peer Educators helped develop and shape every aspect of the program—from workshop curriculum to their own training.
Peer Educators complete nine weeks of training that covers:
- Power, privilege, oppression;
- Healthy relationship and teen dating violence;
- Sex and gender-based discrimination;
- Social media and cyber abuse;
- Title IX, the Dignity for All Students Act, and Orders of Protection.
Resources for Peer Educators
Hello Peer Educators! Please see below for any recent resources that Chioma has shared with you.