About Legal Momentum
Legal Momentum was founded as the NOW Legal Defense and Education Fund in 1970. We are the nation’s oldest civil rights organization dedicated to advancing the rights of women and girls. Our targeted litigation, innovative policy advocacy, and education in five areas—workplace equality and economic empowerment; violence against women; fairness in the courts; equality in education; and human trafficking—secure equality and opportunity for women and girls.
Legal Momentum is seeking passionate, creative law students who are committed to advancing the rights of women and girls to join our Summer Legal Internship Program.
Legal Momentum interns:
- Conduct research;
- Draft legal memoranda and briefs;
- Prepare Congressional testimony;
- Draft model legislation;
- Interview clients;
- Screen potential cases for Legal Momentum; and
- Draft informational pamphlets on legal topics.
Legal internship positions are unpaid. All intern applicants are required to secure financial support from their school for summer internships. Students may also be enrolled in a course that awards academic credit for the internship. Summer interns are expected to work with us for at least 35 hours per week for ten weeks.
Application deadline is January 31, 2019.
Early applications are strongly encouraged and preference is given to early applications. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Submit a cover letter, resume, transcript, a sample legal writing (3-5 pages), and the names of three (3) references (at least one from a current professor) * Send application via e-mail to email@example.com
- Include an “Internship for Credit Eligibility Letter” or a “Guaranteed Funding for Public Service Internship/Work Study” if applicable
- Potential internship candidates will be interviewed either in person or by telephone.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. First year students who have not produced a finished piece of legal writing by the application date may send a sample of their non-legal writing and a target date for the submission of a piece of legal writing
Legal Momentum is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Updated November 19, 2018