Happy New Year!
Thank you for your ongoing support of Legal Momentum's essential work.
Our supporters helped us make great strides to advance women’s rights in 2017, and we couldn’t be more grateful.
We’re very proud of our precedent-setting legal reforms and advocacy that have established and expanded women’s legal rights to justice and safety, making a profound difference to women and girls everywhere—in schools, in the home, in the workplace, and in the courts. In 2017, we:
- Filed lawsuits in two states on behalf of trafficking survivors and the organizations that provide services to them
- Filed a lawsuit on behalf of a U.S. Marines veteran who was subjected to sextortion by her landlord
- Helped pass anti-sextortion legislation in 6 states
- Helped hundreds of individual women through our Helpline
- Educated teen girls in NYC about healthy relationships and their legal rights
- Spoke out about ending online trafficking of young girls, staying safe from sexual violence in the wake of natural disasters, ending sextortion, and numerous other women's rights issues
- Educated judges and advocates around the country on domestic violence and sexual assault
Sadly, these hard-won rights are under serious threat in today’s political climate. The daily high-profile reports of sexual harassment and assault victims reveal the pervasiveness of violence against women and girls and prove that our work is still needed now, more than ever.
We’re counting on your continued support to help us stand firm in 2018. We’ll need you more than ever as we face difficult new challenges to women’s safety, security, equality, and reproductive freedom. We’re determined not to let nearly 50 years of progress be reversed. With you on our side, we are confident we will rise to meet every challenge.